Just setup a new wiki for my website. So easy — I used Media Wiki as commonly found on Wikipedia.
- Ensure you have Apache, PHP running.
- Download MediaWiki.
- Unzip and move the folder to a web directory.
- Change permissions on the config folder.
- Open browser goto http://website/wiki_folder.
- Fill in user and database details.
- Copy /config/Localsettings.phto the main wiki directory.
- Delete the config directory.
- Enjoy !
I recommend using a separate database for each instance of MediaWiki – this way if you need to uninstall it you can just mysql# drop wiki_database.
Install php-mmcache or similar to help speed wiki access up for users.
The first thing i did was to customise the logo – which has to be 135px by 135px.